CHAMPIONS LEAGUE | BAYER-ATLÉTICO
Moyá: "We're going to Germany with respect and great hope"
"They are a German team and they will make things difficult for us," said the Atlético goalkeeper ahead of his side's trip to Leverkusen.
The Champions League arrives...
- The Champions League is always special...it’s the game we’ve been waiting for for weeks.
What do Mandzukic and Griezmann bring to the team?
- The primary thing: goals. They are both in a good streak of form and when they are on form, everyone benefits. The two are contributing a lot.
Is there talk in the dressing room of a possible new deal for Cholo?
- If I’m honest, I learned about the news through the media that the club are trying to renew his deal. It is very good news. ‘Cholo’ has achieved great things with Atleti in recent years. To be here for a long time is good. For him, for the players and for the club.
What do you make of Leverkusen?
- They are a German team and they will make things difficult for us. This year has not been perfect for them in the Bundesliga but they are trying to hit form. We go there with tyhe utmost respect for them but also the big aim of getting a result there that gives us a big advantage.
Who do you fear the most?
- They have very good players up top. Calhanoglu is a great set-piece taker. The best thing about Leverkusen is that they are a good unit, a team like us.
You beat Almería and they drew at Augsburg. Does that bode well for Atlético?
- It is always good when an opponent doesn’t go in to a game full of confidence but when you change things and play in a different competition all is forgotten. They will be highly motivated, just like us.